We are cautiously and carefully re-opening the studio for in-person classes. These classes will be limited to five (5) students per class only. We are highly recommending pre-registration to secure your spot for classes, and the registration form will roll a month in advance. You can register now: https://forms.gle/N1wnUKbeZNQtUuJEA.
We will continue to live-stream classes, and some will remain live-stream only. You can always catch the livestreams on our Facebook page. Participation in a live-streamed class constitutes acceptance of our waiver of liability for your home practice.
For in-person classes:
- All students must wear face coverings at all times in the facility. If you do not have a mask or covering of your own, you can purchase one from the studio for $1.00.
- We have procedures in place for sanitization and cleaning of mats, props, accessories, and heavily trafficked areas and touchpoints in the facility.
- Hand sanitizer will be available as you enter the building. We will have a temperature gun to check temperatures at the door, and ask anyone who has experienced any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms, traveled outside of the state within the last two weeks, or have a fever to refrain from coming into the facility.
- For all of our safety, any students who do not wish to comply with face coverings, temperature checks, or hand sanitization will not be allowed to enter and practice. We appreciate your cooperation in knowing we want the best for all who travel into our space of safety and healing.
- The re-opening of in-person classes and these policies will take effect on Monday, June 1. These policies and procedures are subject to change without notice.
Thank you for healing from this traumatic crisis with us together, whether in person or virtually.
Due to the newest guidelines, effective as of April 3, 2020, all classes will be live-streamed on our Facebook page until further notice. We will be adding new classes from your favorite teachers to supplement your free time in quarantine! Visit us at www.facebook.com/BlissYogaCenter to watch the stream, and our Classes page for the schedule of events!
Update, 3/25/2020: See our most recent COVID-19 updates sent out via email today below.
The novel coronavirus outbreak has all of us on the edge of our seats, waiting to hear the newest information and learn the most recent advice. We know that this can leave our students with anxiety, so we are doing everything we can to stay as helpful - and safe - as we can during this unique and trepidatious time. We remain committed to our mission to heal trauma through wellness.
While the situation is still currently fluid, as you all are aware, we are attempting to maintain as much safely-distant normalcy during this time as we can for you. Some teachers at the studio are still practicing in our facility with spaced-out mats and reduced class sizes. Classes are limited to no more than 9 students plus the instructor in compliance with the current CDC guidelines, but all instructors have the ability to cap classes at smaller participants to maintain appropriate social distancing/spacing. Please arrive early to secure a spot in our in-person classes.
Other teachers have elected to move their practices virtually. This is a new concept for our studio and we are excited to engage with you in this way. Our current medium for presenting these classes is Facebook's Live video platform. You will find the details of who is teaching online vs. in-person in the graphic above. Please follow us on social media (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter) to receive the most accurate and timely information in this incredibly fluid situation and our updated class schedules. All teachers are able to accept donations for their virtual classes via PayPal - be sure to note who your donation is to be attributed to so they receive full credit. The payment website is www.paypal.me/donatebliss.
The studio is being cleaned and sanitized nightly to protect our students and teachers. Our supplies are holding up well, and although the studio is low on hand sanitizer, we have lots of hand soap and disinfecting wipes. We want you to know that we're here to focus and help you in whatever way we can, so if we can provide additional resources or assistance during this difficult time, please reach out via email.
On top of our virtual classes, here are some links to some online resources for yoga to get you through till the curve is flattened:
- Blissful Life Corporation's Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/blissyogacenter
- Renee Howerton, eRYT-500 & Blissful Life instructor: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsq1sVN5ImlaJ89xv02cQjA
- Jessica Watson, former Blissful Life instructor: https://www.youtube.com/user/briwatson5220
- Southern Star Yoga Center (MS), http://southernstaryoga.com/: class schedule and online classroom
- YouTube - Yoga with Adriene (a personal favorite): https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
- Down Dog (free until April 1st, at least): https://www.downdogapp.com/
- Community Yoga Studio (MI), https://www.communityyoga.studio/, is posting live streams as well on their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/communityyogastudio
- World Health Organization (WHO) coronavirus updates: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- Centers for Disease Control (CDC) coronavirus updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/index.html
- Florida Department of Health in Marion County coronavirus updates: http://marion.floridahealth.gov/
Join Rhonda for an Amrit Yoga Nidra Meditation during the COVID-19 crisis - every Monday, Wednesday, Friday
on Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/blissyogacenter
every Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 10:00am - donations accepted via http://paypal.me/donatebliss & mention Rhonda's class in the notes
Yoga Nidra is a practice that can take you to the next level; a relaxed body, fluid mind, and supercharged intuition. This is a five-stage yogic sleep process that begins with a body scan to engage one's physicality. It incorporates meditation on the breath, the balancing of emotional states, visualization, and self-healing.
Update, 3/17/2020: We are planning to proceed as best as we can. Please see our most recent update, posted below, regarding COVID-19 and our facility.
Per guidelines from the CDC, from 3/17 onward, all classes at Blissful Life Corporation will be capped at 9 students plus the instructor. Several classes are transitioning to simultaneous livestreaming or livestream only. Please visit us on Facebook for more details.
When you are arriving in person, please arrive early to secure your spot. Please do not attend classes if you have been exposed to any illnesses or have any symptoms. Please wash your hands regularly, and feel free to bring any extra hand sanitizer and/or disinfectant wipes to the studio in lieu of your donation this week.
We will remain open to assist those who need to process through their anxiety with heightened cleaning precautions taken daily. All traffic areas are being sanitized nightly to ensure the safety of all.
Stay safe and healthy! Above all, be well.